Monday, July 4, 2011

Notes from the Final Conversation with Charlie Munger


Dear Readers,

I surmise that many of you have heard the unfortunate news that last Friday's event at the Pasadena Convention Center will most likely represent the last opportunity for the value investing community to have a semi-intimate conversation with Charlie Munger. Now that Wesco is a part of Berkshire Hathaway and given that Charlie is hoping that we will find a new cult hero, those of us who long to hear words of wisdom from Charlie will have to make the trek to Omaha for the Berkshire Annual Meeting.

For those of you who could not make it out to Pasadena this year, I was fortunate enough to attend the event and have compiled my notes. As usual, they were taken in real time without the use of a recording device. Therefore, I cannot promise that I was able to capture everything that Munger said. However, my goal with the notes is to recreate the narrative in a way that both provides context and captures the sentiment of Charlie's remarks. I apologize in advance for any errors or ommisions.

I have embedded a Scribd version of the document to this post to retain the formatting. But, I understand that many people have trouble accessing Scribd for a variety of reasons. As such, I have also created a Google Doc that can be accessed by clicking this link. However, I am also happy to email a PDF copy to anyone who contacts me at inoculatedinvestor@gmail.com.

I apologize in advance for any delay in responding. A new and exciting thing in my life is starting tomorrow and I hope you will stay tuned to my blog for details regarding this endeavor.

Thanks again for following this site and I hope you enjoy the notes.

Sincerely,

Ben Claremon
The Inoculated Investor


Conversation With Charlie Munger