Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Inoculated Investor in the News


I got an email last week from an Associated Press journalist named Rachel Beck who had come across my blog. She wanted to have a chat with me about my views on the best way to evaluate the regional banks going forward. When we actually spoke I led her to the FFIEC webpage that provides investors with granularity regarding credit trends that is not available in SEC filings. I had never seen anything in the popular press that referenced what is known as a call report and I thought it would give her interesting insight that other financials journalists do not have. Anyway, the article went live on Sunday and you can read it here if you want to see how it came out.

As always, thanks for the support, comments and emails. I really appreciate all the feedback I get from readers and I hope that you find the content of the site to be valuable.