Monday, March 22, 2010

Return Fom the Abyss

Readers,

I must apologize for my absence. This past quarter at school was uniquely intense and I was forced to give up many things that I enjoy. I am very hopeful that next quarter I will be able to keep up with the blog and will do my best to try to balance the many obligations I have in my life.

I return with updated research on Synovus (SNV). The stock has had an amazing run from $1.92 in December when I first wrote about it to around $3.56 today. I think the long-term earnings story is still intact but with a second wave of bank losses on the horizon, an investor who buys in now might suffer some initial losses before eventually realizing a substantial gain later.

As always, I appreciate your comments and questions. Here is the piece in Scribd format to preserve the formatting of charts:

Updated Research on Synovus (SNV)