Monday, May 2, 2011

Comprehensive 2011 Berkshire Meeting Notes

Dear Readers,

After 6 hours of continuous typing and close to 15 hours of editing, my notes from this year's Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting are complete. At the end of it all, the total tally is over 18,000 words and over 24 pages of wisdom from Buffett and Munger. As always, these notes were taken by hand, without the use of a recorder. For those of you who were not able to make it to the meeting this year, I hope the notes serve as an adequate substitute. For those of you who were in attendance, I hope the notes provide a comprehensive review of what was said.

Unfortunately, Blogger does not allow me to attach PDFs to posts. But, to make it easier on everyone I have created two ways for you to view the notes. First, you can click this link and access the notes through Google Docs. You don't even need an account with Google. Also, I have embedded a Scribd document to this post for those of you who like Scribd. However, as always, I am happy to email out PDF versions upon request. Just shoot me an email at inoculatedinvestor@gmail.com if you want a PDF copy.

Lastly, I am asking the value investing community for some assistance. I will be graduating from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA in June. Accordingly, I have been selectively looking for the right full-time position. Ideally, I would like to work as an equity research analyst for a value-focused buy-side firm. If you know of anyone who is looking for a diligent analyst with a passion for stocks, I would really appreciate it if you would think of me. You can view examples of my research on this site under the "Equity Research" link on the right side of the page. I am also happy to provide a copy of my resume upon request. Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Enjoy the notes and please stay tuned for notes from other Omaha events and the upcoming Value Investing Congress.

Sincerely,

Ben Claremon
The Inoculated Investor


2011 Berkshire Annual Meeting Notes